Hyundai Australia is spicing up the i30 N hatch with a new limited edition model targeting both hot hatch fans and the brand’s ‘N-thusiasts’
Hyundai Motor Company Australia (HMCA) has announced it will offer a new limited edition variant of the i30 N hot hatch called the i30 N Drive-N – just in case there wasn’t enough ‘N’ letter action associated with the brand.
Just 180 examples of this limited-edition variant have been allocated for Australia, meaning that if you’re a fan of the brand, you’ll want to be putting your order in pronto.
Only 620 Drive-N examples will be available across all of Europe, so in the grand scheme of things, the i30 N Drive-N is going to be quite a rare car.
According to Hyundai, Australia’s allocation of the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition is the second largest by market or country, with 70 percent featuring a dual-clutch transmission and the remaining 30 percent fitted with a six-speed manual.
The i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition variant is based on the existing i30 N Premium sunroof model.
HMCA says the Drive-N Limited Edition specification will come at a “small additional cost”, however prices have not yet been revealed.
If you were hoping this rare i30 N would also include a power and torque boost, you may be disappointed. The existing outputs of 206kW/392Nm remain for the Drive-N Limited Edition, but the real focus of this special is in the interior and exterior detailing.
The Drive-N will feature exclusive 19-inch forged alloy wheels finished in dark bronze with a matte finish, black Hyundai badging and special decals for the front, side and rear.
On the inside, the interior will feature a unique numbered plaque which proudly displays where it sits among the 800 cars available globally.
Leather has been ditched in favour of Alcantara on the steering wheel, gear lever, armrest and handbrake surfaces, while red accents will feature on the seat inserts and stitching, the seatbelts and ‘exclusive’ floor mats.
All prices listed are before on-road costs.
Car news today: Infiniti QX80 previews future Patrol look, Renault in talks to build EVs with Volkswagen, and more – 29 February 2024
Car news today: Apple kills electric car project, MG4 could gain a wagon variant, and more – 28 February 2024
Car news, 27 Feb ’24: Toyota Australia announces pricing for electric BZ4X, Renault debuts retro 5 E-Tech, and more
About Chasing cars
Chasing Cars reviews are 100% independent.
Because we are powered by Budget Direct Insurance, we don’t receive advertising or sales revenue from car manufacturers.
We’re truly independent – giving you Australia’s best car reviews.
Car news, 26 Feb ’24: Hyundai Europe cuts petrol N models, Ford “almost pulled out of Australia” and more
Hyundai i30 Sedan 2023: engines, power figures and interior details revealed for facelifted Toyota Corolla rival