1. The promoter is Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (ABN 61 003 617 909), AFSL 241411 (operating under the brand Chasing Cars) of Level 13, Toowong Tower, 9 Sherwood Road, Toowong 4066 (Promoter) on behalf of the insurer, Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd (ABN 42 111 586 353) (Insurer).
2. These Terms and Conditions apply to the promotion ‘2021 Happiest Drivers Award’ when Existing Budget Direct customers complete and submit the ‘2021 Happiest Drivers Survey’ (Survey) (see Eligibility and Participation section) (Promotion). Subject to these terms and conditions, the promoter is offering two (2) Budget Direct customers the chance to win up to a total of $3,000 worth of Caltex Woolworths Fuel eGift cards. For the avoidance of doubt this Promotion is only open to current Budget Direct customers who are invited to participate in the Survey. All amounts are in Australian dollars.
3. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other published material, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
4. The Promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 15 December 2021 and concludes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 December 2021 (AEST) (Promotion Period). Invited participants are ineligible to participate outside of the Promotion Period.
5. This promotion is only open to existing customers of the Promoter who receive an invitation to participate in this promotion via email.
Eligibility and Participation
6. Customers must meet the following criteria to participate in the Promotion (Eligible Entrant):
a. be 18 years or over and a permanent resident of Australia, or have resided in Australia continuously for six months or more on a temporary work visa at the time of participating in the Promotion;
b. be an existing customer of the Promoter and receive email an invitation to participate in the Promotion;
c. Complete and submit Part One of the Survey to be entered into Draw One for a chance to win a $1,000 Caltex Woolworths Fuel eGift card (Draw One).
d. Complete and submit Part Two of the Survey to be entered into Draw Two for a chance to win a $2,000 Caltex Woolworths Fuel eGift card (Draw Two).
e. An Eligible Entrant must not be an officer or employee of the Promoter, its related entities or agents and service providers directly associated with the conduct of the Promotion, or their immediate family.
f. Provide a valid email address
7. Eligible entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter.
8. If there is a dispute regarding the conduct of the Promotion, entrants agree that the decision of the Promoter will be final.
Draw and Prizes
9. The prize draw for both Draw One and Draw Two will take place at 9 Sherwood Road, Toowong, Brisbane QLD 4006 at 10.30am (AEST) on 21 January 2022 (Draw Date).
10. The total maximum prize pool for the Promotion is $3,000 worth of Caltex Woolworths eGift cards. Only one Eligible Entrant (who has provided evidence of their eligibility and the validity of their entry, upon request, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter), each for Draw One and Draw Two, will be selected at the time of the draw (Eligible Winners).
11. Eligible Winners will be notified via their nominated email address within two (2) business days (Brisbane time) of the Draw Date, or no later than 25 January 2022. Each Eligible Winner’s name will be published on the terms and conditions page of the Promoter’s website at https://www.chasingcars.com.au/terms-conditions/happiest-drivers-promotion within 28 days of the Draw Date and will remain on the Promoter’s website for no less than 28 days thereafter. All reasonable steps will be taken by the Promotor to notify the Eligible Winners.
12. The Eligible Winners will receive an email with a link to access their eGift card within twenty-eight (28) days of the Draw Date from Digital Glue Australia Pty Limited ABN 36 127 466 899 (Digital Glue) who operates the redemption website. Each Eligible Winner will then be required to follow the instructions contained in the email and on the website of Digital Glue for access to the eGift card (Redemption Process).
13. The Promoter may draw five (5) additional reserve entries in the draws and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or the entrant is ineligible to accept the prize. In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible entrant, or if the entrant declines to accept a prize, the Prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. If a Prize cannot be awarded to an entrant drawn, the Promoter will continue this process until the Prize is awarded. If after this process, a Prize has still not been awarded, or if an entrant drawn cannot be notified, the Promoter will hold an unclaimed prize draw in accordance with Clause 14. A Prize will be deemed unclaimed if the Promoter is not reasonably able to contact the Eligible Winner within three (3) months and one (1) day of the relevant Draw Date via the Eligible Winner’s contact details provided at the time of completing the survey.
14. If any Prize remains unclaimed, an unclaimed prize draw will be held at the same location as advised in Clause 9, by no later than 29 April 2022, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory Legislation (Unclaimed Prize Draw).
15. Any Unclaimed Prize Draw winner(s) will be notified via their nominated email address within two (2) business days (Brisbane time) of the applicable Unclaimed Prize Draw date and, in any event, by no later than 3 May 2022. Again, each Unclaimed Prize Draw Eligible Winner’s name will be published on the terms and conditions page of the Promoter’s website following the draw and will remain on the Promoter’s website for no less than twenty-eight (28) days.
16. Other than for the payment of the prize, the Promoter is not responsible for, or liable in respect of, products and services or actions or conduct of Digital Glue.
Privacy Statement and Marketing Consent
17. By participating in the Promotion, entrants consent to the Promoter disclosing their Personal Information to Digital Glue and to any of the Promoter’s related entities, and to use the Personal Information to process and validate claims of an Eligible Winner. Entrants acknowledge that a further purpose for collection of their Personal Information is to contact the entrants in the future with information about the Promoter and its products and services, including special offers, market research or to provide the entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, or any other non-real time form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
18. The Promoter will never sell entrants’ Personal Information to other companies; however the Promoter may share an entrant’s Personal Information with its Australian and overseas related companies, promotional partners, servants, employees, agents and trusted third parties who may contact entrants for their legitimate commercial purposes, including special offers, market research or to provide entrants with marketing materials in this way. By entering the Promotion, entrants acknowledge and consent to the Promoter and any applicable third parties’ using their Personal Information in the manner set out in this Clause 17.
20. The Promoter, its related entities, their officers and employers will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential (including loss of profits or loss of opportunity) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion including the use of any eGift cards, except to the extent of any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law).
21. If the Promotion cannot be conducted as intended for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right, in its discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize to the same value as an original prize, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory Legislation.
22. The Promoter reserves the right at its discretion or subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate, withdraw, or cancel the Promotion at any time without notice.
23. In these Terms and Conditions:
“Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.